Monday 22 April 2013

Personal Swot Analysis

 "My Personal SWOT Analysis"

In this chapter of  assignment, I am going to define my personal strenghts, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.

 
Strengths (Internal):
-I am an organised person, I always meet my deadlines. I am also cheerful, bubbly and a hardworking person.
-I am good at ICT and Numeracy.
-I have got a job (at the moment, I am working as a F&B assistant in a 4 star hotel).
-I can speak Spanish fluently (It is my first language).
Weaknesses (Internal):
-English is not my first language.
-I am shy (I often socialize with other people).
-I don't have self-confidence (Sometimes, I am not confident to make my own decisions).
Opportunities:
-To go to University to study Business and Administration/Management. (after my 1 year business access course this coming September). 
-Get an apprentice to work for another company.
-Get a better part time job and wage .
-Gain more knowledges from my classmates/colleagues from work.
Threats:
-My progression to an access course (I need to get high grades and pass all my exams).
-People are more qualified and have more experience.
-People are more confident.
-Lack of work experience.

3B) In this task I am going to match skills and abilities to 2 job opportunities (Essential/Desirable).

"Retail Sales Supervisor"

Job Description: According to this website (http://www.bauschke.com/download/Retail%20Sales%20Supervisor.pdf).


The The Retail Sales Supervisor is in charge for supervising the daily activities and productivity of the Retails Sales Team, including: ensuring retail sales is complying with high service standards, sales goals and meeting all the strategic objectives. 

Retail Sales Supervisor's duties are:

-Coaching.
-Assessing Performance.
-Improving team member skill levels.
-Tracking and reporting productivity.
-Manages multiple tasks.

The complete job description covers the following topics:

-Essential duties and responsibilities.
-Supervisory responsibilities.
-Performance standards.
-Qualification requirements.
-Education and Experience.
-Language and Numeracy Skills.
-Reasoning Ability.
-Physical Demands.
-Work Environment.

After I read the job description of Retail Sales Supervisor I can say that I can do and manage to work as a Retail Sales Supervisor because I am confident, hardworking and fast learner person and  at the moment I may be working as a F&B Assistant and it might be nothing to do in retail but I can still apply my experiences in this job and in my opinion they are both the same because they have the same target which is to provide high service standards to customers and deliver great results

At the moment, I am studying Business at Westminster Kingsway. I can use and apply the knowledge that I learned from college and this will help to learn how to face all the responsibilities with confidence. I also have got English Language which can help me to communicate with other staffs and Numeracy Skills to help me tracking and make productivity reports.


"F&B Supervisor"



A F&B Supervisor attends to customer complaints or issues, resolving matters as expediently as possible. Supervisors also oversee food preparation, storage and dining areas, ensuring that the facility remains in compliance with safety regulation and health codes. A F&B Supervisor performs the duties of a human resources manager, recruiting, hiring, training and terminating staff members.


Performance management and disciplinary actions are administered as required. Supervisors also schedule employees for work. They also maintain employee records, payroll and benefits. Also, the management of incoming funds and accounts payable are often responsibility of the F&B Supervisor.

At the moment, I am working as a F&B Assistant at The Cavendish Hotel. My duties are:  serving customers, handle their queries, handling payments, etc. Since I start working at the hotel I gained a lot of experience and learned a lot of knowledge about hospitality. This kind of things will help me in the future to achieve higher position as a F&B Supervisor. All I need to do is to be patient and always work hard.

3C) I am going to talk about my career development plan; the step to my dream job/career.

At the moment, I am a full time student. I am studying business at Westminster Kingsway College, it is from Monday to Wednesday. I am a hardworking, friendly, punctual, cheerful, reliable and trustworthy person. I am able to work with other people and adapt quickly to a new environment and have an ability to learn new skills.

My skills are I am good at ICT, I can use Microsoft Software (Excel, word, PowerPoint, etc) and I am also good at numeracy. I can speak 3 languages; Spanish, English and Tagalog (Philippine Language).


I am also working as a part timer at The Cavendish Hotel, it is from Thursday to Sunday. I have been working at the hotel for 1 year and 7 months and I am really enjoying it because I am gaining new experience learn new skills such as being confident handling guests complaints. This kind of things will help me in the future.

I am looking forward to go to study Business and Finance in the University, but to make it happen there are few steps that I need to go through.


1. To pass my level 2 and access course.

2. To pass all my functional skills exams with good marks.
3. Gain more experience and knowledge from University and at work place.
4. To get merits or distinction.

Maybe after 5-8 years, when I finished my master degree in the University and I finally received my diploma, I have more opportunities to get a proper job and I also have the chance to get promoted into higher position and can able to save some money and later I will run my own business because I can say that as long as determined, hardworking and patient I will become a successful business woman in the future. 


3D) Evaluation. In this task I am going to talk about the Benefits of Online Marketing to the business and customers.

Forms of Online Marketing:

-Social Networks
-E-mails
-Adverts on sites
-Websites

Social Networks: Is very effective way to advertise your business and your products too because the adverts fee is very cheap and it is tailored and the targeted marketing is very specify this is very effective and efficient to use because it saves your time and money. Joining in social networks don't cost you anything; it is free to make your on profile/page.

E-mails: Sending e-mails to customers doesn't cost anything you just need time to do it. Therefore, this is the easiest and quickest way to keep in contact with customers and makes it easy for customers to check the new products of your business.

Adverts on sites: It is very similar to social networks but you just need to pay small amount of money to advertise your products/business. One of the famous way to use is Pay-per-click; google is one of the example, this can be very expensive but it can be also cheap depends on what they've  agreed.

Websites: Having your own website is very convenient for you and for your business because it has 24/7 presence for customers; they can still check and order something anytime from your website. It is also very helpful and useful because you can control all the contents of your products such as changing the prices, adding new products, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Great article! I have recently found a site that has a great SWOT analysis template in powerpoint and it is very easy to use! I would recommend checking it out!

    ReplyDelete